Monday, January 2, 2012

Silently Waiting

Silently waiting, I sit listening to world pass by
For all the birds chirping, the rustling of almost naked trees rattling in the winter breeze
The children's laughter of outdoor activities
Here I stand Silently waiting

The sounds that would normally put smiles on a face
In assurance that today is a good day and that the world is alright
I sit with a doldrum about my being
Here I am Silently waiting

Counting the days of past
Measuring the memories that have yet to fade
Yearning to hear the words that I long to hear
Silently Waiting for "I Love You Too"

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Years! I wish great blessings and joy upon you and yours! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Years to you as well WilyBCool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! That was the sweetest word we're waiting from our loved ones! :) Hope you heard that from yours!! :) Keep sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sagittarian !!! Happy new Years

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post!

    Hope you are having a wonderful start of the year!

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  6. May you have a very prosperous New Year!

    Hi_D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent... I felt that.... Best and most genuine poetry I have read in a long time

    ReplyDelete
  8. JJ Roa Rodriguez Thanks for stopping in and Happy New Years to you..

    Hi D Happy Nrew Years To you..

    Jeremiah Johnson thanks for reading and commenting

    ReplyDelete